Nordica’s Unleashed 98 is a versatile ski built for the modern freeskier who demands performance and playfulness. In this review, we’ll take a closer look at what makes the 2024 Nordica Unleashed 98 such a special ski.
The Unleashed 98 is designed to be home on any terrain, from powdery bowls to tight tree runs. Its wood core is paired with carbon and a sheet of terrain-specific metal, providing an excellent balance of edge hold and vibration damping. This results in a smooth ride that boosts your confidence, even at high speeds.
The Unleashed 98 has a rocker profile that handles all conditions with ease. For optimal response and plenty of pop, it features traditional camber underfoot. Additionally, the early rise tip and tail provide flotation on deep days while being playful and buttery around the mountain.
The Unleashed 98's wider waist makes it a versatile ski, making it the perfect daily driver. Its sidecut ranges from 131-98-120 (168cm) to 134-98-123 (186cm) and has a radius of 16.7 to 18.8 meters. The ski comes in sizes ranging from 168cm to 186cm and weighs 2040g for the 186cm size.
In terms of construction, the Unleashed 98 features the Santa Ana construction, which is known for its excellent stability and durability. The ski also boasts a long effective edge, which helps with stability at high speeds and while carving.
Compared to the previous model, the Soul Rider, not much has changed for the Unleashed 98, but the new graphic design gives it a fresh look. The ski has less rocker and less early taper than the Enforcers, making it a more precise ski that engages smoothly even in soft and messy snow.
In an on-snow review, skiers noted the Unleashed 98's smoothness and precision, even with its tip-to-tail metal. The ski is a joy to carve, thanks to its 3D radius feel that allows skiers to bend different portions of the ski with ease.
- A versatile ski that can handle a variety of terrains and skiing styles
- Playful ride without sacrificing performance
- Effective edge length for stability and control
- Smooth engagement in soft and messy snow thanks to full-width metal and width
- Joy to carve with a 3D radius feel
- Wood core paired with carbon and terrain-specific metal sheet enhances edge hold and dampens vibrations for a smooth ride
- Wide waist for versatility
- Traditional camber underfoot provides exceptional response and plenty of pop
- Early rise tip and tail provide flotation on deep days and easy buttering around the mountain
- Not many changes from the previous model (Soul Rider)
- Some skiers might prefer more rocker and early taper, which the Enforcer has more of, for a more forgiving ride
|2024 Nordica Unleashed 98
|Intended Skier Type
|Playful ride without sacrificing performance
|Carbon and terrain-specific metal sheet
|Easily handles any terrain and all conditions
|Traditional camber underfoot for exceptional response and plenty of pop
|Early Rise Tip and Tail
|Provides flotation on deep days and easy buttering around the mountain
|Wide waist for versatility
|Long effective edge thanks to Santa Ana construction
|Full-width metal and width for smooth engagement in soft and messy snow
|Joy to carve with a 3D radius feel
|168, 174, 180, 186
|131-98-120 (168) / 132-98-121 (174) / 133-98-122 (180) / 134-98-123 (186)
|16.7, 17.4, 18.1, 18.8
Overall, the Nordica Unleashed 98 appears to be a versatile ski that is suitable for a range of terrain and skiing styles. It offers a playful ride without sacrificing performance, thanks to its wood core, carbon and metal reinforcements, and rocker and camber profiles. The ski's early rise tip and tail provide flotation on deep days and make buttering around the mountain easily. Additionally, the ski is reported to have a smooth engagement in soft and messy snow and is a joy to carve with a 3D radius feel.